It all started with the flapper valve in the guest bathroom. It's that little plastic flap in your toilet bowl that lets the water out of the tank. Ours desperately needed replaced since it was turning into rubber slime. That's a $2 project that takes 2 minutes. It was a quick DIY project...then something went horribly wrong. While I was at it I decided to replace the old fashioned float valve with a new one. After installing that I reinstalled the water tube that comes from the wall and it leaked, leading to the discovery that not only did we need a new tube thing, but also our toilet bolts weren't bolted to anything. That is bad. This led to the discovery that our flange was rusted out leading to cement repair, a new flange, repainting the bathroom while the toilet was out, replacing the faulty light switch while I had the covers off so I could paint, and, finally, reinstalling the toilet and putting the bathroom back together. Truly a project that got out of control. On the plus side, we now have a toilet that is connected to the floor and a bathroom in a lovely shade of blue, on the negative side, it took a lot more that $2 and 2 minutes to finish this little project. Anyway, it was a (mostly) fun project and I get a lot of satisfaction from doing things myself that would cost a lot of money to have someone else come in and do.
In other news (although I know you find "Tales from the Toilet" fascinating!) we have an adoption date in March! We are super excited to go out to Utah and formally adopt Joseph and Amari, as well as enjoy reunions with both sides of our family and see my brother who is returning from his 2 year mission for our
church in the Philippines. It should be a great trip and it will be nice to be done with all the legal stuff.

What beautiful family pictures!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed with your handiness! There really is such satisfaction in doing things on your own.
I'm so excited for you! I love seeing pictures of your family.
ReplyDelete