Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Summer fun the PVC way

My birthday was the beginning of last month- yeah, I know I'm a little behind the times. Anyway, I got a fabulous birthday present- a DeWalt drill! I've been borrowing our neighbor's since my old Craftsman 19.2 volt bit the dust ("bit" the dust... ha ha drill humor!) and I really wanted a new one. I use it around the house pretty frequently and it is a nice drill!


For Leah's birthday, which is the beginning of this month, I used my sweet new drill to make her an awesome PVC water play structure. This project is one I've been thinking about for a while. I was inspired by a PVC "carwash" I saw on a blog, but my kids don't like getting water in their faces. I designed this on paper, found the parts at Lowes and Home Depot, and put it together. It took about an hour and a half, not counting shopping time, and cost about $25. It hooks up to the garden hose and sprays water in a variety of ways. My favorite feature is the little hose that turns on and off with a valve- the kids fight over who gets to use the hose. If I re-did it I would put on two hoses.







3 comments: