Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a week

We made it to Dallas, after a slightly harrowing experience leaving Tucson. Things were going great the week before we left. Dave was gone on business travel, but our wonderful friends all pitched in and helped with Ellie so I was pretty organized going into the move. The packers came Thursday, and they were going to load our stuff on Friday. Friday morning, just an hour or so before Ellie was supposed to go to a friend's house for the day, she started throwing up. She was sick all day and I was really getting worried. I hoped that she would be better in the morning, but first thing Saturday morning, she was throwing up again. I was so worried because not only did I have the entire house to clean that morning so we can rent it out, but we had to fly to Dallas that afternoon. It's not like we could reschedule our flight either. We were in an empty house without cars... not many options. Anyway, Ellie perked up by the afternoon and was fine during the flight which was a huge blessing, and we even had the row to ourselves so I wasn't worried about getting other people sick. She was fine after that, it was just really bad timing. Anyway, we got to Dallas, and are now comfortably living at our friend's house while we look for one of our own.

This last weekend we spent looking for a house. We've looked at about 25 and found a couple that we like. It's interesting to go through people's house and see their individual taste though. Some houses you wonder how people can stand to live in them. Other houses just seem to have so much wasted space. I'm not a fan of "formals" and it bugs me that every house has them. Why in the world would I want two living rooms!? It just seems silly to me since I'm not a formal kinda girl. One of the houses I really like though had a formal living room that would work perfectly as a library. I've always wanted a room that I can line with bookshelves and put a super comfy chair in. In our house growing up we had sitting room that my dad built a gorgeous floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelf in-I would love to do something like that. Anyway, we're going out tomorrow afternoon to re-look at our favorites and maybe even make an offer on one. Exciting and a little scary to be committing to a place that we know we'll be staying in for more than 8 months! It's so nice to be back in Dallas and see friends here again though. In some ways it feels like coming home.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little Ellie! Glad she's doing better, and that the flight went well.
    A library sounds awesome! Maybe someday...
    Glad you made it to Texas. Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Ellie felt better by the airplane ride! And so HAPPY that you made it to TX safely! Maybe someday we can finally be together again down there!! Keep your fingers crossed!! Oh and the library sounds WONDERFUL!! I would love one too.

    ReplyDelete