


Well, Dave's off for his Leadership Development Program graduation in Boston...I'm all allloooonnnneeee.... actually I kind of enjoy having the house to myself sometimes(although I do miss you baby). I think Dave feels a little bad about having to leave right when we're moving because he brought Ellie and I roses last night. Thanks sweetie! Before he left for the airport this morning he was able to help Ellie with her lemonade stand for a couple hours. She got the idea in her head from one of her little shows and has been bugging me for weeks to let her do a lemonade stand, so I decided this would be a great time since it was the community garage sale day. She and Dave sold cookies and lemonade for 25 cents- they made about 7 dollars! Later, I explained to her that she could give some of the money to the church (tithing), save some, and keep some for spending. She put her tithing in an envelope to take to church tomorrow, put a few dollars in her savings jar, and had a couple dollars left. I asked her what she wanted to do with it, thinking she would want to buy a little toy or treat or something for herself. Without hesitation, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I want to give it to poor people." Now that's a feel good moment for a mom. It's no wonder that Christ said that we must become as little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven! (Matt. 18:2-4)
That is so sweet! How cute that you let her do a lemonade stand.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on having the house to myself sometimes and being alone... well as alone as you can be with 4 kids...
Ellie is the best! We miss you guys so much! Curtis said if this business idea doesn't pan out he is all for just picking up and moving down near you guys and Danny and Becky. Is it bad to sorta hope his business doesn't work?!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the adorable book from Ellie, the hair things, and the earrings. You are such an awesome sister and so thoughtful. I hope I can be like you when I grow up!
I hope everything is going well for you in Dallas! I know you are very busy with moving, finding a house, etc., but we would love to hear about how things are going!
ReplyDelete-Emily