So it's been a while for me to post, but there have been so many things happening that I thought that I'd better write something. We moved on out to Texas and have been living with our friends Danny and Becky Dura for the last few weeks. We found a new home in the Plano area and are excited about moving into the house and beginning to make it our own. We had some really good fortune and were able to rent out our Arizona home fairly quickly. It was only empty for three weeks and it is now occupied which is such a weight off of my mind. I have been adjusting to my new role at Raytheon and am enjoying my time so far. Elisabeth and Charity seem to be enjoying themselves here in TX and they often go to fitness club where Charity gets to excercise while Ellie gets to go to the kiddie playland. They babysit for up to 2 hours each day. They also are enjoying the pool there at the fitness center as well.We have a few things that we are going to be doing with the house pretty soon. The major issue will be having to put up a fence on the property. Without the fence, the house looks a little bit out of place since every other house around it has one. I also would like to investigate the radiant barrier concept. I am a big fan of getting the variable monthly bills as small and predictable as possible. We aso went out last weekend and bought all new appliances for the kitchen. The seller is taking the refrigerator and the other appliances are a bit dated. The dishwasher is a bit rusty on the inside for example. We will have all of the appliances delivered shortly after moving into the house next month.
One of the reasons why we liked this house is because the house faces a small forested area instead of other houses. From the front windows, you can see a walking path, trees and a small fountain in a pond. I think the biggest thing for Charity though is that the house has the open floorplan in the kitchen and living room area as opposed to having most every room segmented off. We are really looking forward to getting settled down in the new place.
Holy cow, it looks and sounds so nice! We'll have to come and visit sometime!
ReplyDeleteThe house looks AWESOME!! Good to hear you're settling in okay
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're doing well! Jeremy and I are taking a vacation to TX next month!
ReplyDeleteOnce you get used to the simple architecture and straight lines here in Tucson, houses everywhere else look so fancy! Maybe it's the grass. I am glad things are working out for you guys. Moving can be so stressful.
ReplyDeleteTell Ellie that Paul says Hi!
-Emily