So on the last day of my vacation in Utah, I woke up in the morning and took care of Ellie while my parent's house was still quiet and the rest of the family was all still sleeping. After a little while she came up beside me and hugged my leg. Then she started whimpering and saying that she was going to miss me. I was going to fly home that evening and she and Charity were going to come home two days later. This whole scene made me feel bad that I was going to be apart from her. It was hard to look at the beginnings of tears in her eyes. Then as she was still "performing", she looks up at me with those eyes and said "Daddy, maybe if you gave me a gift card that would help." At this point of stunned unbelief, I couldn't help but start laughing. She had recently gotten a gift card to Toys R' Us from a friend of mine and now associates gift cards with getting toys. I just had to write this down since it was 0ne of the funnier things that have happened to me. Happy New Year to all.
-DZ-
5 years ago
Wow. She is a player!
ReplyDeleteI like the way that girl thinks! Didn't take her too long to get Daddy wrapped around her finger!
ReplyDeletepresents always make everything better, right? too cute!
ReplyDeleteA gift card always helps me too.
ReplyDeleteRosemary emailed me your link. Here's ours:
olderandwisor.blogspot.com
p.s Congrats on having another girl! I suspected you were pregnant, but I've learned from past experience that unless I literally see a head hanging out from between someones legs, I NEVER ask.
your blog will never be the same - older and wisor has been here. don't you just love her? she cracks us up (and makes us blush, too)!
ReplyDeleteps- ours is littlemanandtinytoes.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! That. is. HILARIOUS!!!!!!
ReplyDelete