Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ahoy There!




These are some pictures from a little community activity we went to a couple weekends ago. Tucson has this thing called Rodeo Days and yup, everyone gets several days off school because the rodeo is in town! It is a big deal around here! Our community did a "Rodeo Roundup" and we went with Anna and her kids. The kids had a great time! They got to ride the ponies, play in the bounce house, ride the little electric train around the park, go to the petting zoo, and Ellie got her face painted. On Anna's advice, we went as soon as they opened which was really smart. It got quite hot by the time we left, and at that point the line to ride the ponies was wrapped completely around the pony ring. I told Anna that I don't care how much my kid wanted to ride the pony, there's no way I would wait in line for at least an hour in the hot sun for a 2 minute pony ride. I'm such a mean mom!
Ellie is such a fun child. Granted, she has her moments where I don't want to claim her as mine, but most of the time she keeps us laughing. We were out for a Sunday walk around our little lake, and she saw someone fishing in a rowboat. She went right to the edge of the lake and called out "Ahoy there!" Dave and I and the fishermen along the lake had a good little laugh over that.
She is also in a funny stage of always asking unanswerable questions. I put on Mary Poppins the other day so I could have a break to do some work on the computer, but I finally gave up and went to sit by her to attempt to answer all her questions about the movie. "Why is the dad mad?" "Why are they singing?" "Are they laughing or crying?" "Why is she putting black stuff on her nose?" "Where are their chairs?" We love our Ellie bug. She keeps our lives interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Charity! John gave me your blog address, so I will be checking it out from time to time. Love the Ellie questions...wait till she gets older! Kyle, my 6 year-old, asked, "Momma, I have noticed that some ladies have bigger breasts than others...why is that?" the other day. Turns out that he noticed that our goat (yes, goat, but that is a story for another day) had larger udders after a baby, so he thought that women with large breasts were pregnant...Matt, my 9 year-old, decided that he had some questions he needed answered as well...he asked, "I have noticed that some ladies have really, really, REALLY big butts, like Ms____. Why is that?" I don't know, maybe boys ask different questions than girls! I don't have a blog, but I have just started a flickr page...I will post pictures of us from time to time...go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheri_pic/ to access my page. Nice to see you all!

    Sheri Kerley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie would just make statements...loudly... like to my friend "You have a big tummy!" or at church "mommy, he has a huge bum!" or at the store with a little person by the dressing rooms "look how short she is!" We've been working on the sensitivity training but kids just say (and ask!) what they think!

    ReplyDelete