Monday, April 6, 2009

Life in Limbo

Those of you who have been following our moves around the country for the past several years may remember that this June, Dave "places out" of his program. In other words, we get to stop moving every 8 months and pick a more permanent residence. When we first moved to Tucson from Dallas, I really wanted to go back to Dallas. Even though I like our little house out here, I was just not loving this area. However, Dave started seeing some good job opportunities here in Arizona, so being the good sport that I am, I tried to find things to like about the area. I made more of an effort to make friends, get Ellie involved in activities, etc. Well, now it's looking like we might go back to Texas. Arrgh! Now I feel like my life is totally in limbo. If I make any kind of plans for our future past the next month or so, that guarantees that Dave will change things up on me. I've lost all interest in making an effort to get to know our neighbors and people in the ward because kind of what's the point? I hate not knowing for sure what's going to happen or where we'll be living in two months. At least it will all be over soon. That's what I keep telling myself.

8 comments:

  1. We hope that Boston is an option for you! We'd love to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really frustrating. You are a strong woman, though, to go through all of the changes. I'm glad for you that things should settle down in a few months. Well, we'll save a spot for you here in the Plano 1st ward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hardin's (or Zincke's as the case may be) belong in Texas! Let us know where and when!!! YEAH! BreAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Ginger-Boston's just not happening right now. Due to changes going on with the high-up management, no jobs were offered this year in the Boston area to supply chain LDP's. It's too bad because we would have loved to go back. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya girl!! Hey, it would be fun if we all ended up in TX...at least until it hits 105 in the summertime!!! Hang in there- just a couple more months and then we'll probably all be bored at having to stay in one place!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck deciding where to go. Hopefully we'll see you in TX soon and then the "familia" can be reuinited once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not knowing where you will be in three months is just hard. I am so sorry!! Do you know if there are any millitary families in your ward? They might be the only ones worth getting to know since they know exactly what you're going through. In any case, we are always here for you!!

    ReplyDelete