Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Perfect Pair

Shopping for jeans that fit well is like going on a quest for the holy grail. It takes courage, endurance, fortitude, and you are almost guaranteed to fail. Two years ago, my favorite jeans gave up the ghost and for two years now I have been searching literally across the country (Boston, Dallas, & Tucson) for a pair of jeans to replace them. I'm not asking for much, I just want a pair that sits comfortably around my waist, but not too high that it looks granny-ish and not too low that it shows too much when I sit down. I want it to be tight enough to prove that I have curves somewhere but loose enough to be comfortable. They have to be the right length- not highwaters when I cross my legs and not dragging on the ground when I wear my beloved flip-flops. I also have to be able to wear them without a belt which means it needs to fit perfectly around my waist. A medium blue with a light wash is preferred. Am I asking too much? In the past two years I've bought four pairs and been given several pairs that come close to perfection, but fall short in one category or another. Finally, the other day I was shopping for summer shirts at JC Penny's, not looking at jeans at all. Walking down the aisle a shaft of light came from heaven and illuminated a random pair of jeans. I decided what the heck and tried them on. Hallelujah! Perfect fit. Unbelievable.

2 comments:

  1. Quick, buy a dozen pairs! You don't meet a pair of jeans like that every dynasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! My favorite jeans are from jcpenney too.

    ReplyDelete