Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Well, the last box is unpacked so I have no more excuses for not updating the blog. We are loving our new home and slowly starting to make friends in the ward and neighborhood. It feels really good to look around and know that we can put roots in here for a few good years (at least!). Speaking of roots, Ellie and I put a little fall garden in with beans, peas, marigolds, basil, carrots and lettuce. So far, everything is growing like crazy! Ellie loves checking on her plants everyday and I'm hoping we can actually harvest something. In the past, gardening's been nearly impossible with our moves every 8 months, so this is exciting for us. My only concern is the rabbits that live around here. I put blood meal around the little garden which is supposed to keep them away because it smells bad, we'll see if it really works.
In other news, we all took a road trip up to Conway Arkansas this last weekend. My cousin Alli was having her wedding reception Saturday so we got to go to that and meet her new husband and see some of the family. It was a great reception and it was fun to see another cousin happily married. You could just tell that they were both happy and comfortable with each other. After the reception we drove to Little Rock and I got to see one of my best friends from Illinois. She lives in Little Rock with her husband and it was so fun to see her and catch up on her life. I lost track of her after we left Illinois when I was 15, and only just recently found her on Facebook. Anyway, we had a great visit and spent the night with them at their new house. After church that morning we headed back to our house. The drive back seemed endless. Dave and I both agree that road trips are a lot more fun without kids. It didn't help that I got rather carsick and spent the last hour trying to keep my dinner where it belonged. I think this weekend we'll find fun stuff to do at home like installing new toilets. Yea!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for the new house!! We want pics!! And please let me know how the 'rabbit repellant' works for the garden- I would love to have a little garden when our new house is ready!

    ReplyDelete