Sunday, May 3, 2009

The kindness of children.

I wanted to log a simple thing that Ellie did the other day. My parents, Charity, Ellie, and I went out to do tourist things. On the way out, we stopped at a Taco Bell for lunch. I noticed that my taco had no cheese in it and I joked with my parents that it must be a cost cutting measure. Charity and my parents said that I should take it back and I just said no and that it wasn't that big of a deal. All of a sudden, a little hand appeared at the right side of my plate and dropped little pieces of shredded cheese onto my taco. Ellie was taking some of her cheese from her little taco and putting it on mine! She looked up at me and said, "It's ok Daddy, I'll share my cheese with you". Instantly I was just so grateful to have such a thoughtful daughter and to be honest, it brought up some strong emotions. (Of the eye allergy type) I love being a parent.

1 comment: