Monday, May 18, 2009

This one's for you, Anna




This is a rather random post. First of all, here are a couple pics of the landscape we just got done with in the back yard. It will look much better when everything grows up/out a bit, but I'm happy with it. We stayed at my original budget too, which is awesome! ($1000 for labor, material, and plants) I'm happy too because by watching the landscapers I was able to learn how to lay brick edging and drip lines. Next time I'll do it myself and save even more money!

Also, to add to the randomness, I thought I would let you all know that Dave baked the first batch of cookies EVER since I've known him last night. He has always said that he's not a baker but he finally took the challenge! After the cookies came out of the oven I couldn't resist playing a little joke on Dave (I did it in your memory Anna). I ate a big bite and then made an face and started gagging. "What did you put in these?!" I said to Dave "They're awful!" He had been so excited about his cookies but when I said that his face just fell a mile. "Man, these are so bad you and Ellie won't want to eat any. I guess I'll have to eat them all by myself!" He finally caught on to the joke but informed me it wasn't very funny. I thought it was. Anyway, I'm proud of you for expanding your skills Dave!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to bring those landscaping skills and green thumb to our house! I have not gardening skills and thus we have no plants or flowers in or outside of our house!!

    ReplyDelete